The Forbeezengai Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forbeezengai Group

A forum for use by The Forbeezengai Group. You know who you are...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Official Otakon 2010 Thread

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rinshi-chan
Dungeon Mistress
Rinshi-chan

Official Otakon 2010 Thread Empty
PostSubject: Official Otakon 2010 Thread   Official Otakon 2010 Thread EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 11:56 am

Greetings! Here is where I will be posting information regarding our Otakon 2010 trip.

*INFO DUMP*
First and foremost: Pre-Registration is now open! Make sure you register by June 18th (UPDATE: this has been extended to July 3rd) to get the discounted price of $65. If you wait until after then you can still register online, but you will have to pay the at-door rate of $75. Pre-Registration info can be found here.

Secondly: hotel info! We will be staying at the Hyatt Regency Baltimore, checking in on July 29th and checking out on August 1st. The Hyatt is a lovely hotel situated right next to the BCC and conveniently located on the skywalk. John, Mike and I stayed there a few years ago and I thought it was very nice. Contact info for the hotel is below:

Phone:
410-528-1234

Address:
300 Light Street,
Baltimore, MD 21202
UNITED STATES

Otakon only asks that we do not call our hotel "to be sure" until after July 22, 2010. Don't worry, I just checked on the reservation online using our confirmation number, and everything is in order.

I made the reservation for four, since that is the maximum you can make it for and I wanted to make sure we had enough key cards! The total cost of the room is going to be $747.00. Since Erin is now coming with us between the six of us that will be around $125 apiece.

Soon it will be time for me to start collecting hotel dues. I will accept cash, check, and even Paypal. If you would like to pay me via Paypal, my email is linicolo@gmail.com. Make sure to mark it as a Personal transaction, otherwise I have to pay a fee to receive the money <w< (Click here for more info). *edit* I'd also appreciate a note if you are going to pay me via PayPal.

Questions? Comments? Complaints? Awesome nacho recipes? Post them here!

Last edited by Rinshi-chan on Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:22 pm; edited 15 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://forbeezengai.forumotion.com
LadyKitisa
Peasant
LadyKitisa

PostSubject: Re: Official Otakon 2010 Thread   Official Otakon 2010 Thread EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 12:16 pm

Yay!! ^_^

I'm super excited to go cause I just went to Tekkoshocon and now I'm all pumped for Otakon.
Back to top Go down
LittleJohn
Adventurer
LittleJohn

PostSubject: Re: Official Otakon 2010 Thread   Official Otakon 2010 Thread EmptyFri May 21, 2010 3:25 pm

Update: Erin will be going to Otakon with us.
Back to top Go down
Rinshi-chan
Dungeon Mistress
Rinshi-chan

PostSubject: Re: Official Otakon 2010 Thread   Official Otakon 2010 Thread EmptyFri May 21, 2010 3:52 pm

LittleJohn wrote:
Update: Erin will be going to Otakon with us.

Awesome! First post has now been edited to reflect this.
Back to top Go down
Rinshi-chan
Dungeon Mistress
Rinshi-chan

PostSubject: Re: Official Otakon 2010 Thread   Official Otakon 2010 Thread EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 11:04 am

Just a reminder that if you have not done so already you must register for the con by this Friday (the 18th) to get the pre-registration rate of $65, otherwise the price goes up to the at-door rate of $75. *UPDATE* According to Otakon's website the early-bird rate has been extended to July 3rd!

Also, I'm going to start collecting hotel dues at this time. The price is $124.50 per person and the deadline is July 22nd. Please get me your payment by then. Details on what kinds of payments I accept are in the first post.

Onward to Otakon!
Back to top Go down
UCBooties
The Musician
UCBooties

PostSubject: Re: Official Otakon 2010 Thread   Official Otakon 2010 Thread EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 6:54 pm

Registarrrrrred!
Back to top Go down
Rinshi-chan
Dungeon Mistress
Rinshi-chan

PostSubject: Re: Official Otakon 2010 Thread   Official Otakon 2010 Thread EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 11:07 am

Less than two weeks to Otakon! Very Happy So, regarding traveling and sleeping arrangements:

Here's how I figure things for travel: Mike, Scott and I will drive down in my car. Because of the size of my costume (I'm doing a full, mascot-style costume of Toothless from How to Train Your Dragon [the character in my avatar]) along with other costumes and luggage, I don't think we will be able to fit any other people in my car. John told me he would ask Amanda if they could make similar arrangements as to what they had last year. I don't know any further than that. Can you guys confirm or deny?

*UPDATE* John has let me know that he and Erin will be driving themselves down to Otakon. Amanda, I'm sorry but I think that leaves you to make your own arrangements.

For sleeping: we have two double beds in the room. That means we can fit four in the beds and two on the floor. My vote is that couples sleep in the beds, since we're the most willing to sleep together (buh-zing!).

And questions, comments, complaints?
Back to top Go down
DMRailroad9001
Hero

PostSubject: Re: Official Otakon 2010 Thread   Official Otakon 2010 Thread EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 6:46 pm

I suspect Mike and John sharing a bed would be more entertaining though, from a distance.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zollerseco.com
LittleJohn
Adventurer
LittleJohn

PostSubject: Re: Official Otakon 2010 Thread   Official Otakon 2010 Thread EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 10:00 pm

Hey all. I'm more then happy to fill my car full of luggage so you can squeeze Amanda into the Kia. The only thing is, Erin and I may stop a few places after we leave Otakon, so you might not get your stuff back till later that day.
Back to top Go down
Rinshi-chan
Dungeon Mistress
Rinshi-chan

PostSubject: Re: Official Otakon 2010 Thread   Official Otakon 2010 Thread EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 3:10 pm

LittleJohn wrote:
Hey all. I'm more then happy to fill my car full of luggage so you can squeeze Amanda into the Kia. The only thing is, Erin and I may stop a few places after we leave Otakon, so you might not get your stuff back till later that day.

Good idea, but unfortunately Mike, Scott and I are planning to go straight to Tiff's on Thursday morning to visit her before con stuff starts, and Tiff would like some time to just see the three of us. Sorry :\

Actually we're going to check into the hotel first, so we could totally give Amanda a ride. Sorry for the mix-up.
Back to top Go down
Rinshi-chan
Dungeon Mistress
Rinshi-chan

PostSubject: Re: Official Otakon 2010 Thread   Official Otakon 2010 Thread EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:18 pm

Thanks for making this year another awesome con!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Otakon 2010 Thread   Official Otakon 2010 Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Official Otakon 2010 Thread
Page 1 of 1